Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I've been Christened!

I have been christened as a newborn photographer.  I had my very first newborn portrait session on Monday afternoon with the very beautiful Ava.  Mom and Dad, Ashley and Blake, brought her to my house for our session. 

When I told my husband Bryan that I was going to be doing some sessions here in the house I expected him to object.  After all, I was planning on using the office, turned exercise room, turned storage room as my studio.  He surprised me by being just fine with it.  Come to find out he didn't mind having people come to the house because he knew I would give it an extra good cleaning!   Some women might be upset by his attitude but I know my strengths and they are not in the area of housekeeping!

Back to Ava's session.  I did some major rearranging in the "workout" room, moving the elliptical machine, a desk and a set of book shelves to make room to take photos of Ava.  The room has a wall of windows and I thought the light would be great for her natural light photos.  We have bamboo flooring and I thought that would be great in some of the pictures.

Ava arrived wide awake and curious despite Ashley and Blake's best efforts.  We undressed her in the nice, overly warm room and did our best to get her to go to sleep.  I finally gave up and attempted some shots with her awake.  They did not come out as well as I would have hoped but here is one. 


 
 
After this she began fussing again so I picked her up and tried to comfort her.  So here comes the christening part...but it's not what you are thinking exactly.  In my estimation there are three ways I could have gotten christen.  I got number 2, literally.  She gave me a hand full of ...well, number 2!  After a quick clothing change on MY part, we continued on.  She felt better afterwards and went on to an almost peaceful sleep and we got several good shots before she woke back up.  Here is just one of them.
 
 
So thank you Ava, Ashley and Blake for letting me share this "special" moment with you.  Got a great laugh out of it.  Thanks Cindy Landrum for arranging for our session.  I will have your portraits ready next week! 
 
Now it's off to Arlington for Special Olympics Texas Summer Games...Go Golden Triangle Champs!

No comments:

Post a Comment