Friday, May 17, 2013

Something new

Today I picked up my new-to-me camera, a Canon 5d Mark II.  It's a lot of camera and I am so excited to get it.  I have SO much to learn on it, along with continuing to learn the art of photography.  So after watching a couple of videos online about the basic controls/functions of the camera, I ventured out with my friend Aliceson's girls to take some shots.  Of course I had to bring my suitcase full of props, just in case.  Here are a couple of shots from this evening.

 This morning I passed this field and it was full of pink "buttercups" and the yellow flowers that turn toward the sun.   I texted Aliceson and said I HAD to take the girls pictures today!  Of course last time I planned to use this field, they mowed it the day before I scheduled the shoot.  When we returned this evening the yellow flowers had closed up for the night but the buttercups were just smiling at us!


Katelynn has beautiful eyes.  I love this shot of her. 

As I have time to work on the other photos I will post more.  I have 2 photo sessions this weekend, followed by a trip to the Special Olympic Texas Summer games in Arlington.  Going to be a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment